Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MAJOR tanlines!

OMG--my body aches all over! Today Libby and I went on a hike called The Ridge that is right by our apt! I heard about it so we treked off on another adventure! This time our new friend Tod came along, and thank goodness for that bc Libby and I would have been so completely lost without him! This wasn't like our typical hikes. We didn't ever reach that point where most hikes go to where it is pretty scenery and that "ta-da" moment! But it was very good exercise and of course a great time! Then Libby convinced me to go to Hula lessons with her! Ahhhhhh!!! So much fun, but so incredibly hard! We learned all the special techniques and Hawaiin words for ways of shakin your hips! (Libby's dream is to be Shakira!) But I am beat from all the exercise today and have been studying for my big midterm on Thur! Tomorrow is a national holiday here in Hawai'i so yay, no school! It is some big king's birthday/anniversary/dying date(?) so there are celebrations in Waikiki! I can't wait! I am finally going to buy a real lei for the occasion!

In regards to my post title, just let me tell ya about my AWESOME tan lines! It looks like I am wearing a white mask covering my eyes! Seriously, everyone I see comments on it and it is def NOT cool! I'm working on it though so hopefully they will be gone this weekend when we go to KAUAI! By the way I finished my book, 19 Minutes! This is by far one of the most influential books I have ever read! I am so used to reading such trashy girly books so this was quite a wake-up call for me! I def recommend it to anyone! (I now have all my roommates wanting to read it in hopes they will figure out what I was yelling about when I was finishing it last night!) Well I am off to go guilt Libby into giving me a massage--my body should not be this sore from Hula! Hope all you mainlanders are having a wonderful time and missing me like crazy!!

No comments: