Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kauai!

Well, I'm finally finding time to blog about this past weekend! We went on a trek to Kauai! It was absolutely gorg and completely different than Oahu! There were 3 other girls from the East coast on the trek, along with our crazy tour guide whom we dubbed T.G. He was quite entertaining to say the least! The first night there we had a beach party! It was quite rambunctious considering there was only 8 of us! We lit a fire, played in the ocean, and explored to pool! Quite a successful night! We took off early the next morn to Wailua Falls. After passing the DO NOT ENTER sign we climbed down the slippery slope. T.G. assured us we were ok; however, one of the east coasters did not agree and caused quite a scene on our small hike. We finally made it to the bottom and decided it was def worth the struggle! The water fall was huge! We got to swim behind the waterfall and do some exploring! Our next spot was the Kilauea Lighthouse. This stop was a bit of a dub, although I did see a seal! Next we stopped in Hanalei (famous city in Puff the Magic Dragon song) and ate some lunch and did some shopping. This was such a cute little town with something so warm about it. Everyone was super friendly which was something we weren't used to in Honolulu! After a rest we headed to The Blue Room. This place was amazing! It was a cave that had only fresh rain water in it! The water was frrrreezing, but so much fun! We covered ourselves with mud and hardened in the sun. Who knew I would get a spa day out of this?! Next we went to Tunnels Beach to do some snorkeling. This beach def made up for the lack of at Haunama Bay. We saw so many cool fishies and  even swam with sea turtles! I would hold onto the turtles back and swim along with him-- such a great experience! After a long day of traveling we headed back to the hotel. We ate at a local Mexican restaurant that was not quite up to the Tex-Mex we are used to! But it was good to have a meal outside of the caf, so we enjoyed it! 

The next morning began bright and early once again! We headed for Kipu Falls. We hiked through the brush and felt like we were in the movie Signs! We jumped off waterfalls and took so many cool pics! Our next stop was Waimea Canyon, the Grand Canyon of the Pacific! I have never been to the real Grand Canyon, but this thing was unbelievable! The view was spectacular! Next we went to Kalapaki Beach and ate lunch and did some shopping (surprise surprise!). Sadly we returned to the airport and headed back to Honolulu.

We went straight to Waikiki when we got home that night in hopes of finding some din din. When we got off the bus a gigantic screen was on the beach playing Enchanted. We all got Subway and watched the movie! It was the perfect ending to the perfect weekend! After this weekend we decided we needed to start making more use of our time! The things we did in Kauai would have taken us 2 weeks time the rate we have been going! 

Kelsey's bf, Charlie, arrived on Sat! This is why Kels couldn't go on the trek. We hope to show him a good time while he is here so we are planning our week in advance! Yesterday I went to Waikiki by myself while everyone else did homework ( I was rewarding myself for my 98% on my test!!!!!). After the beach we went sailing! Our instructor Jeff showed us how to put up the sails and I even got to drive! It was so much fun! Today we went out surfing again! The waves were much smaller and I stood on my board for a relatively long time! I'm exhausted from all these activities, but I know I must cherish it while I can! We are already half way finished here! I'm def getting used to having the beach within walking distance! Oklahoma def does not stack up to Hawaii (no surprise there!) But I'm off to do research for my paper! Wish me luck!!!

No comments: