Sunday, June 8, 2008

Maholo

Well the night at the club, Next Door, was a success! It was in a very shady part of town, but we survived! We tore up the dance floor and took tooooooooons of photos! The next day we chilled at Waikiki and watched Blue Crush for some helpful tips on surfing! This morning we woke up bright and early at 6:30 and headed to Hanauma Bay to snorkel with the RAs and some of their hilarious friends. When we arrived at the bay we were told we had to go through a special orientation since we were a group.  We were FULLY informed of the animal life in the bay and our instructor, Uncle Richard, warned us of the consequences of not recycling! Very random, but finally we made it out to the bay and did some snorkeling. This was a bit diff from Cancun snorkeling bc the water was extremely shallow and I was constantly afraid I was going to step on the forbidden coral! After a brief snorkel session we settled in on the beach and soaked up the rays. After roasting in the sun we decided to head home so we could make lunch. I hope yall have picked up on how our whole day revolves around our eating times. There have been many times when we have ran to the caf in hopes of making a meal. Wow. We are pathetic! But...after lunch we went to the Dub once again! It is by far our fav beach bc of the great people watching and quick and easy bus ride! We are now quite choicey on which bus rides we take considering the last long-trek we took on THEBUS ended up in some voming action from Kelsey! 

I finally got some tan lines today! It was scorching hot!!!! After some more hours of laying out (it is by far our fav past time) we hurried home for din din! We met some cute army/navy/academy(?) guys at the caf and might hang out with them tonight! I actually might have to do some studying tom! Oh no! This whole class thing is really getting in the way of my vacation! I constantly think how lucky I am to be here. Kelsey and I had a long talk about Columbine, 9/11, and just bad situations in general today and it made me realize how fortunate I am. Kelsey gave me 19 Mintues to read and it had this great quote in it: "Bad things happen because it's the only way we can keep remembering what good is supposed to look like."  I loved this quote and hope to remember it when a little slip-up happens. This is the most amazing summer ever and am already dreading July 5th when I have to leave this beautiful place. But I will stop  being all emo and say buh bye! toodles loves

No comments: