Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Update!

Hello! I have been HORRIBLE about blogging lately! My apologies! But just a little summer update--I'm living in Dallas, interning for an event planning company, Todd Events, and I am absolutely LOVING it! I quickly learned Todds caters to the more upscale clientele, which I find very entertaining! The elaborate parties and weddings I have gone to or helped with have been the most over the top, awesome, most creative/fun/exciting parties I have ever been to! I'm def. liking this field of work, which is a huge relief. At first I was unfamiliar with the territory, and wished I was back in my comfortable world of journalism, but as it is with most new things, I eventually got the hang out things and found my niche.
I work at Todds three days a week, so on my days off from the internship I work at Juicy! It has been fun so far, and the discount doesn't hurt either! Everyone I work with is very girly and bubbly so we all get along great!
I'm usually exhausted from work (hence my lack of blogging) but I will try to keep this updated as much as I can! My internship is rotational (I rotate between the corporate side to weddings to the floral department to the production side) and I am in corporate the next 3 weeks, which I am very excited about! Hopefully I will have some good stories to share!

No comments: